Get away from the busyness of life for this exciting weekend combining singing and walking on the Wild Atlantic Way with Seamus Doohan and Candy Verney.
14-17 of June 2019
Wake up each morning with an hour’s singing with Candy, then put on your walking boots and explore the mountains, valleys and beaches of North West Donegal with Seamus. Discover as we uncover the layers of history in our landscape and learn about our rich Gaelic culture and heritage.
The North-west coast of Donegal is one of the undiscovered gems of Ireland. It possesses some of the most spectacular, unique and
unspoilt scenery in the country, and is a veritable paradise for hill walkers.
Donegal has a long coastline with extraordinarily dramatic coastal scenery: sea-battered cliffs and sea stacks; jagged rock formations, picturesque peninsulas scattered with prehistoric remains, rugged headlands. Spectacular long sandy and often deserted beaches are bordered with sand dunes, still home to the very rare and shy corncrake, which if you’re lucky you can hear on an evening in June.
If you travel inwards you come across an equally impressive and varied landscape– majestic mountains and rolling hills, bog, woodland and lakes. Donegal has also two national parks: Glenveagh and Ards Forest Park, both within a few miles of the Song House.
As we walk, Seamus will regale us with fascinating stories from the history and mythology of the area, as well as showing us medicinal and food plants, traditionally used in times gone by.
Course starts: 5pm Friday 23rd August
Finishes: 10am Mon 26th August
Cost €385pp Early Bird price (before November 30th) €345
– Accommodation for three nights
– Meals – Breakfast three days, Lunch three days, Dinner 2 nights
– Guided hikes and walks
– Harmony Singing tuition
What’s not included?
– Transport to and from the Song House. Guests will be expected to make their own way to the house. Full directions and transport options will be given. We will share cars to travel to/from sites or order a taxi if need be as taxis are exceptionally cheap here in Donegal.
– Any snack food outside of the three meals provided.
– One evening dinner which will be a group outing to a local restaurant.
– Insurance for a weekend holiday, make sure you have cover for hiking activities.